Celebrating Bella's First Christmas

Since my side of the family has never been really big on Christmas, Bella's first Christmas was rather low-key. We didn't put up a Christmas tree because I don't believe in cutting down a tree so you can put it inside a home; nor do I believe in buying plastic trees which eventually will go into the landfill (unless someone has found a way to recycle plastic Xmas trees), so Christmas lovers would probably have called us "grinches." However, we did succumb to bringing Bella to a shopping mall Santa to have her picture taken. Although she smiled her head off (as per usual - we are blessed with a happy baby), Santa's face screamed indifferent and according to Bella's auntie Ruth - slightly intoxicated.
Although we also didn't buy any gifts for Bella nor did Jonathan and I exchange gifts ourselves, Bella had some fantastic gifts for us - in terms of remarkable developmental milestones.
Gift no. 1 - Bella is now crawling! She has finally figured out that moving her knees forward will propel her forward. She is especially mobile and determined to move when an object of desire is within sight.
Gift no. 2 - Bella can sit herself up from a lie-down position! Although she can sit up, I still prop some pillows behind her in case she decides to fall back down which she has done once or twice.
Gift no. 3 - Bella waves "hi" to me (and only me so far) when I very enthusiastically wave hi to her. Her version of "hi" is more like "I" said over a span of 2- 3 seconds "IIIIIIIII...."
Gift no. 4 - Bella can stand when she is holding onto a piece of furniture. She is not yet walking being assisted by a piece of furniture which is called "cruising" - she is just standing.
Gift no. 5 - Bella can turn pages of her books although we have to turn it a little bit for her since her fingers are still not deft enough to separate the pages.
So all in all, it's been a great Christmas!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home