Sleeping in the air

I arrived in Hong Kong today from Toronto. With the baby and my mother. How was it you ask? Well, exactly like I expected - no sleep! The baby didn't cry but she didn't sleep either. We had to entertain her, hold her, rock her, the whole 19 hours of flight. Wow, I just realized that I didn't even to get to watch any movies - which is the first time that has ever happened. There were alot of good ones to choose from too - especially that one from Al Gore - An Inconvenient Truth. God, it would have been nice to see that.
I have to say that the Cathay Pacific staff were pretty terrific. The basinette they promised actually materalized along with diapers and creams. The flight attendants were helpful and cooed and ahhed with Bella the whole time which she (and my mother) loved. Too bad Bella didn't sleep much.
I guess I don't blame her because the basinette sort of resembled a fabric coffin. All told, she slept in that thing for like 2 hours, which could have been 3 but every time there was turbulence I had to yank her out of it and strap her in the baby seatbelt that was attached to my seatbelt. And believe me, there was a lot of freaking turbulence over the Pacific yesterday.
19 hours - one way.
Another 19 - going back.
Yikes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home