The Questionator
Since we've arrived in HK, Bella has really developed her enquiry skills. She has taken to asking "why" questions, mostly in the form of "what happens if..." One recent example involves her fear of the sleeping in her new room by herself (even with the light fully on). She will ask questions like, "what happens if the baby bear comes to visit me at night and the mommy bear doesn't come to shoo him away and what happens if you're not sleeping with me and the mommy bear comes to visit me and I'm scared of her and the baby bear..." and so on. She attaches the "what happens..." prefix to everything she asks. It's quite pleasant really - if you enjoy always being interrupted during adult conversations and having your life verbally displayed in the silence of elevators (called "lifts" here) to an audience of strangers and sometimes your neighbours. But the best thing is when we don't have an answer for her and she switches tact slightly by asking "but why? why? whyyyyyy?" (picture fingernails scratching on a chalkboard here). However, when we DO have an answer for her and it's not the one that she expected, she says, "noooo mommy/daddy, that's not why. It's because...". Now who wouldn't find that endearing! You tell me. I guess the good thing is that she has an inquisitive mind, if not a little bossy, and lets us into her world by allowing us to know what she is thinking. Boy, I can't wait until the next one starts talking.

2 Comments:
LMAO - Mads is well into the Why? stage and I couldn't agree more - who WOULDN'T want to be interrogated all day, every day? I find myself, in response to a "why is she his grandma?" muttering things about a man and a woman meeting, and getting along REAL well....
Hey Soph,
It's been ages - feels like a lifetime ago.
Sounds like Bella's still being quite the handful. Wait until she starts the dreaded prepuberty questions...
Looks like HK is treating you well. Is Jonathan teaching?
It's been a tough day for me. First one of my coworkers got let go and some punk tried to snatch my Nintendo DS while I was on the subway. I really need to get away from TO.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home